In this post, I share one more way we like to enjoy eggs in our house. Poaching eggs can be intimidating, but with egg poachers, the job is easily done, making you look like a pro!
How Many Eggs Can you Eat a Week?
I get this question all the time so I wrote a whole post about eggs, their health benefits, and if there’s such as a thing as too many eggs. Research shows that 3 eggs a day for 6 weeks did not raise cholesterol in healthy individuals and in people with high cholesterol. You can read the full post HERE.
The short answer is, you can eat 2 eggs a day. I typically have them 3 times a weeks, 2 eggs each time, plus here and there in baking.
Poached eggs on spinach and sliced tomatoes
This is a super simple meal. I went with spinach and tomatoes but you can choose other veggies too like this egg salad.
- 1 teaspoon olive or avocado oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ avocado
- dash of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tomato on the vine
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a medium size pot with lid.
- Lower heat to simmering.
- Brush egg poachers with some olive oil. Place in the pot.
- Break the eggs into the poachers. Cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes until cooked to desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, mash the half avocado in a bowl. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place spinach and tomatoes in your plate. Top with the poached eggs and the avocado.
What’s your favorite egg cooking method?