Complete thyroid labs are needed to assess proper thyroid function. Thyroid hormones directly regulate every function in every cell in your body, especially metabolism, repair, and energy production.
Many people have undiagnosed thyroid conditions because they haven’t had a comprehensive thyroid hormone panel done.
What’s even more scary is that the root cause of 90% of hypothyroid cases are autoimmune, and many doctors are not even screening for it (or not doing both antibody tests).
This complete thyroid labs panel includes:
- Free T3 (Free Triiodothyronine)
- Free T4 (Free Thyroxine)
- Total T4 (Total Thyroxine)
- rT3 – Reverse T3 (Reverse Triiodothyronine)
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Anti-TG (Antibodies to Thyroglobulin)
- Anti-TPO (Antibodies to Thyroperoxidase)
- Tg (Thyroglobulin)
- TBG (Thyroid Binding Globulin)
Download a sample test result to see how comprehensive this panel is compared to your regular testing.
The test is available in the US, except for the states of CA, MD, MA, NJ, NY and RI. If you live in a different state, we can order a different lab that will test the most important values: TSH, free T4, Free T3, anti-TPO, and anti-TBG.
Read more about what these labs mean, the importance of ALL these measures and how they interact, and my diet and nutrition therapy for thyroid health HERE.
Let me help you…
Many people with hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s, or other thyroid conditions are not given any advice from their physicians about managing their conditions. Just a daily pill, if any.
And many people complain of symptoms, yet their doctors keep telling them that ‘they’re fine.’ That they’re depressed, that it’s in their head. They might prescribe an anti-depressant, an anti-anxiety medication, or a laxative.
Food can heal and restore your body so you can thrive. But the wrong types of foods can make your symptoms worse.
And your labs are not ‘fine’ unless a FULL panel is done at the SAME time and you see the results with your OWN EYES.
This lab panel, as well as a comprehensive thyroid healing program, is for you if you complain of:
- Fatigue, tired, sluggish
- Weight gain despite eating a low-calorie diet
- Morning headaches that wear off as the day progresses
- Need for excessive hours of sleep to function well
- Constipation or difficult bowel movements
- Dry or brittle hair
- Hair falls out easily (scalp, face, or genitals)
- Loss of outmost portion of the eyebrow
- Hypersensitivity to cold weather
- Poor circulation and numbness in hands and feet
- Cold hands and feet/feeling cold all over
- Low auxiliary body temperature, less than 98.6 first thing in the morning (may also be caused by any hormonal imbalance)
- Muscle cramps while at rest
- Increased susceptibility to colds and other viral or bacterial infections and difficulty recovering from them
- Slow wound healing
- Chronic digestive problems, such as lack of stomach acid (hypochlorhydria)
- Itchy, dry skin
- Swelling, especially facial (myxedema)